Nightmare Gaming Project

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SC2 League

ESGL Clan League Season 2!

nGP|FooTMeN.
    Admin

ESGL Clan League Season 2! Empty ESGL Clan League Season 2!

Post by nGP|FooTMeN. Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:45 pm

After a successful first season and with a new admin staff ESGL (Previously known as LaG-League) has decided to have a second season which promises to be bigger and better!

League name:
    I would like to say we will no longer be known as LaG-League for season 2. Reason being that this league no longer has any ties with the Team LaG. The new league name is E-Sports Gamers League [ESGL] The reason this name was picked has something to do with another project I am helping out on. Can't say too much about it now but expect some big news in the coming days.

New URL: www.esgleague.net

Season 2 format:

I did want to change up the format so it doesn't feel like we are just replaying season 1. We will be using the WCO format. Its an old format the very popular WCO League used to use for Warcraft 3 and which I always enjoyed playing. I believe it is a great idea for Starcraft 2 and will give us some great matches.

* Clan War
    - Each team on a clan war has 1 Team Champion and 3 Challengers. The team champion for one team will play all 3 challengers on the opposing team. A match between both champions will also be played. This will result in 7 total 1v1 matches.
    - All series are best of 1
    - Team is awarded 1 point per match won, even if the winning player is a challenger. No points will be given for a loss.
    * Maps
    - Champion vs Champion map of the series will be posted by the league admins, the remaining maps are decided by the Challenger.
    * Map Veto System
    - Before the start of the war, both team champions will decide on 2 maps to veto from map pool. Failure to announce veto map before the 2nd game will result in the loss of veto power.
    - A champion may play a map only once in a given war. After each match, the map played will be vetoed for future matches against that champion.
    - Each champion will have their own map pool. The pool starts with 8 maps, the weeks champion map is removed and the champions veto maps will also be removed. The first challenger must then choose from a pool of 6 maps. A map may only be used once. Each succeeding challenger must play on a different map.

Prizes:
    We will have a 50 dollar prize for 1st place. Prizes likely to increase based on sponsors and donations.

Map Pool:
    New map pool can be found here

It is the standard Bnet map pool with 2 additional maps you may or may not know. Death Mountain and Eden. These maps where created by ESGL|BoX. He put a lot of time and effort into these maps. Others have complained about Death Mountain. I would just like to say these new maps will not be removed from the map pool so don't even ask. I have seen many great games on these maps and I am sure they will give us some great games in the league. Be warned the maps are complex and do not expect to win on them without practicing them. So make sure you play them and we would appreciate your comments and feedback. We will take them into account and if we agree changes will be made to the map.
    Comments and feedback can be posted here

Admin Staff:
    We are still looking for more admins to join the league.
    If you are interested in joining our admin team click here to get the info about becoming an admin!

Current admin staff can be found here

Qualifiers:
    We WILL be having qualifiers. Many teams who are currently not in the league have shown a lot of interest in taking part in season 2. We have therefore decided on accepting 16 teams into the season. These teams will be divided into 2 divisions of 8. We will accept 32 teams into qualifiers. These 32 teams will be seeded by the admin staff.

Applications:

We will be starting qualifiers on Monday January 31st. You have until Friday January 28th 24:00 EST to send in your applications.
    To apply copy paste the text below, fill it in and send it to the league email.

Application format:

Clan Name:
    Clan Tag:
    Clan Website:
    Clan Country:

Manager(s):
    Country - Name
    -MSN:
    -Email:
    -Character name and code:

Roster:

Country - Race - Character name and code

Clan Achievements:

Individual achievements:

Latest 3 clan war results: (Latest not best. If we find out you "forgot" to post certain clan war results and instead posted better results it will be taken into account)

Leagues clan is currently playing in:

This league is only for North American Server. If you do not own a North American copy of the game DO NOT APPLY![/b]

League email:

esportsgamers@gmail.com

Zero Bullshit:

This league has a zero bullshit approach. Meaning we will not accept bad manner, cheating, flaming, etc. So if your team is known for doing this do not even bother applying because we will not accept your application. Teams who do get accepted and don't follow the rules will be given 1 warning. There will be no second warning. If it happens again you will be removed from the league. Reason we are doing this is that in many leagues teams blatantly bad manner each other, flame or cheat and then get some pp and in the end they do it again. We believe it takes away from the fun of playing in a league.
    nGP|FooTMeN.
    Admin

ESGL Clan League Season 2! Empty Re: ESGL Clan League Season 2!

Post by nGP|FooTMeN. Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:38 am

BUMP Applications still open! Prize pool increased to 100 USD and a 1 year vent server!

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:09 pm