Nightmare Gaming Project

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SC2 League

3 posters

Playoffs and Season 2!

nGP|EcstatiC
    nGP|EcstatiC
    Admin

Playoffs and Season 2! Empty Playoffs and Season 2!

Post by nGP|EcstatiC Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:59 am

Playoffs and Season 2! NGPheading1

Playoffs:

First off, I'd like to say that its been a lot of fun running this league throughout the regular season. There were almost no incidents that required any authoritative decision, and there were some great wars played, so id like to thank all of you players and managers whose contributions made this league what it is.

Now down to business. All wars have been played and here are the latest results:

Week 6:

USA sTK [3:2] USA Stoic

Week 7:

USA LaG [5:0] USA Stoic

Argentina LG v bye

USA sC [4:1] China MnM

USA sTK [2:3] USA xi

I would like to congratulate USA elevengaming for placing 1st overall in the regular season with a perfect 6-0 record and 24 points our of a possible 30, as well as accumulating 0 penalty points.

Now here's where it becomes tricky. All the scores you see on the right have not taken into account penalty points, which will be deducted from a team's total season score at a value of 1:1. So here are the standings by which playoff seedings will be determined:

1. USA xi - 24 Points
    2. USA sC - 17.5 points
    3. USA LaG - 17.5 points (although tied, USA LaG lost head to head with USA sC, so they are ranked lower)
    4. USA eP - 17 points
    5. China MnM - 13.5 points
    6. Argentina LG - 10.5 points
    7. USA Stc - 3 points

We will be accepting 6 teams into the playoffs, with the top 2 teams getting a bye, which means that the playoff bracket will look like this:

Playoffs and Season 2! NGPS1Playoffbrack1

So this week weve got the following matches:

USA LaG v Argentina LG - Saturday 4pm EST

USA eP v China MnM

THERE WILL BE NO WILDCARDS FOR PLAYOFFS, AND 1 SUB CARD PER ROUND, NON-TRANSFERABLE

The starting maps for the first round of the playoffs are:

Set 1: Lost Temple
    Set 2: Jungle Basin
    Set 3: Shakura's Plateau
    Set 4: Steppes of War
    2v2: iCCup Grand Line

Remember theres a 50$ prize for the champion team!

Season 2:

Applications:

Applications are now open to any and all teams on the NA server that wish to compete in the Nightmare Gaming Project's second season. Applications will be open until Sunday February 27th at 11:59pm EST, at which point we will begin qualifiers.

The top 2 teams from Nightmare Gaming Project's first season will receive auto-acceptance berths into the regular season of S2, while 3rd and 4th place will receive top seeds.

Any teams interested in playing in season 2 must email the following information to NightmareGamingProject@gmail.com :

Clan Name:
    Clan Tag:
    Clan Website:
    Clan Country:

Manager(s):
    Country - Name
    -MSN:
    -Email:
    -Character name and code:

Roster:

Country - Race - Character name and code

Clan Achievements:

Individual achievements:

Latest 3 clan war results: (Latest not best. If we find out you "forgot" to post certain clan war results and instead posted better results it will be taken into account)

Leagues clan is currently playing in:

Format:

We will be trying out a very new, never-before-used format for season 2 known as the 'Hilts System'. Thats right, so when youre great-grandchildren are playing Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm with this format, you can tell them you were there at ground zero.

The format works as follows: Each team will submit a 3 player lineup, clearly designating player A, player B and player C. There will be 3 'rounds' each with 3 1v1 bo1s, for a total of 9 games. All 3 games within a round are played on the same map which is given by the league, and all games within a round are played simultaneously. After the first round, the players will rotate, so that they play another member of the opposing team. Here's how it breaks down:

Round 1: Lost Temple
    Player A v Player A - LT
    Player B v Player B - LT
    Player C v Player C - LT

Round 2: Xel'Naga Caverns
    Player A v Player C - XC
    Player B v Player A - XC
    Player C v Player B - XC

Round 3: Jungle Basin
    Player A v Player B - JB
    Player B v Player C - JB
    Player C v Player A - JB

The final score will be out of 9. I believe this system is quite fair, because it is 3 players playing 3 games against 3 different opponents on 3 different maps. Also, I kind of regret using a 2v2 because it turned out that the 2v2 for SC2 hasnt progressed enough yet, and it is still complete cheese, so there wont be any 2v2ing for a while.

Maps:

We will be changing the map pool for S2, and i can promise you all that there will be no iCCup maps, as nobody seemed too fond of them this season. That being said, we will most likely be using some non-ladder maps, most likely from the GSL pool (definitely not Eden or Death Mountain).

Last edited by nGP|EcstatiC on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Nizzy

Playoffs and Season 2! Empty Re: Playoffs and Season 2!

Post by Nizzy Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:29 am

That is an interesting format for season 2. I agree that taking out the 2v2 could be a good option. However are you concerned that your format only uses 3 players from each team? A large roster such as MnM, or most teams having 10-12 players easily only being able to use 3 players per war seems kind of low. The current format could range from 4-6 different players. That's a pretty big drop off for such a popular game at the moment.

Any talks about changing it to 4 players per team?

I really don't know if the name "Hilts System" will stick. People might just start calling it the NPG format. What if other leagues start using the system? You see I tried to create my own league system as well but someone just went and told another league about it, even after I personally emailed them about it.

Great job with the playoffs. XI will look forward to participating in season 2, and applying if needed. Thanks
    MnMKohaku

Post by MnMKohaku Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:25 pm

What a great season! And also congs to xi, your solid performance deserve the champion! To the format of S2, I agree to Nizzy too. Not only MnM, other team have more than 8 rosters and they just wanna play more~
    We will participating in season 2, surely!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:18 am